Dunnes Stores is Ireland’s leading retailer positioned at the cutting edge of food, fashion and home retailing. We have over 130 stores in Ireland, Northern Ireland and Spain, a strong e commerce business and are expanding our service and product offering all the time.
The Department Merchandisers key function is to create and manage the Open to Buy and stock targets for the season. They are responsible for maintaining the availability of core & volumes lines and developing the overall range plan with the buyer agreeing quantities, ranging by grade and the intakes required to achieve the budget, reforecasting in season and the actions on aged stock / slow sellers and markdowns.
- Planning seasonal Budgets at section class level with the Department Buyers
- Set the related Open to Buy plan for the season, update and coordinate the actions on potential overtrades/ underperforming areas with the buying team to adjust the forward buy requirement
- Sign off of the core & volume lines units within the weekly forecast sheets and ensuring continuous flow from suppliers
- Purchase order sign off – ensure intakes are within the Dept OTB by week and are planned within the sales plan allowing for a launch allocations and replen for all stores ranged. Confirming the charges, pricing and margin are accurate and within the budget plan.
- Co-ordinate buy volumes with Online / Regions within the budget /open to buy.
- Working with buying team and Online Merchandising team to maintain online availability, agreeing season & launch qtys, Online specific packs and ensuring replenishment is actioned daily.
- Manage launches Fashion & Transitional stories and seasonal events.
- Planning and controlling Department overheads.
- Identify current shortages / oversupply of stock levels within stores/ online / warehouse and agree the actions to be taken.
- General markdowns (slow sellers / seasonal clean ups etc.) – Identify and action.
- Reviewing size ratio issues and confirming changes on forward cuts with suppliers.
- Monitoring store performance for sales, intake, stockholding, markdowns etc. through regular contact with stores and store visits
- Margin checks receipt v booked to adjust correct charges on Purchase orders.
- Manage shipping approvals within the open to buy; including working with suppliers on shipment plan / late deliveries / cancellations etc.
- Follow up with Shipping Team on container status, paperwork and inbound issues.
- Manage bulk returns / supplier penalties daily.
- Supplier analysis & compliance.
- Work with the Spanish team on the container fills and keep the auto replenishment upload updated for the correct minimum fills and related SOM exclusion files.
- Overseeing the administrative function of the buying departments and developing the skills of the Trainee Merchandiser and Administrator including general allocations to stores / online
If this sounds like the job for you, please apply now!
Dunnes Stores is an equal opportunities employer