Dunnes Stores is Ireland’s leading retailer positioned at the cutting edge of food, fashion and home retailing. We have over 130 stores in Ireland, Northern Ireland and Spain, a strong e commerce business and are expanding our service and product offering all the time.
The Buyers Assistant supports the Assistant Buyer / Buyer to develop and build a commercial range while learning the key skills of sourcing, negotiation and product development. They are also required to support the Department Merchandiser on areas of logistics plan and store trading where necessary.
- Work with the Buyer / Assistant Buyer / Designer and the Buyer to identify current and future trends.
- Awareness of our customers’ aspirations and the relevant offer available in the marketplace to benchmark against competitor’s strengths and weaknesses, methods of merchandising, pricing structure.
- Assist in the presentation of ranges for approval and review by the Head of Department. Document minutes of each review & circulate to all attendees in timely manner.
- To be involved in the review of current seasons sales and product.
- Highlighting problems/opportunities to the buyer to help drive sales
- Have responsibility for all samples received into the business in terms of documenting, storing & maintaining.
- Update system when samples are approved for production by buyer / assistant buyer.
- Update AS400 with any critical quality issues as reported by stores, customers or team members.
- Update the buyer and controller on a regular basis in relation to all aspects of their section.
- Sharing information and product knowledge with other team members
- Continuous communication with stores
- Ensuring clear information is forwarded from Buying Office to Stores/ Store Operations
- Work with buying team & online team to ensure the Department online presence is properly maintained, check samples are available online to the photo studio and where required ensure the availability of the online store is maintained and stock is allocated when necessary.
- Rigorous monitoring of all details relating to online product, style numbers, copy, default colours etc.
- Communicate issues through relevant channels where necessary.
- Raise Purchase Orders as per info given by buyer.
- Responsibility for checking detail on orders are correct – ranging, product description detail etc.
- Send approved purchase orders to Suppliers
- Set up, maintain and review critical path on a daily basis
- Liaise with suppliers to chase missing barcodes
- Amend ticket orders where any adjustments have been made to original order details.
- Approve barcodes/BELs, notify supplier, update as400 & file for record.
- Review sales reports, sell through and store stockholding reports prior to all stock distributions
- Process all store extra requirements/overstocks
- Visit stores on a regular basis with senior members of the team to get relevant feedback on product issues or opportunities
- Assist in the presentation of ranges to stores and also receive feedback on last season’s performance.
- Awareness of regional and store differences / layouts / profiles
Provide general administrative support to department as required.
If this sounds like the job for you, please apply now!
Dunnes Stores is an equal opportunities employer