Head of Stores Health and Safety
Dunnes Stores is Ireland’s leading retailer positioned at the cutting edge of food and fashion retailing. We are Irish owned and operate over 130 stores across Ireland, Northern Ireland, and Spain, as well as a growing online store. We are expanding our service and product offering for our customers all the time.
Key Duties involve:
- Developing Health and safety policies, procedures, risk assessments and safe systems of work for stores.
- Ensure the store operations are conducted in compliance with the applicable legislation, including company policy and procedures and inform business of their obligations and responsibilities.
- Maintain the EHS procedures in line with iso9000/ iso45001
- Completing audits, store safety inspections and root cause analysis to maintain a safe working environment
- Build strong relationships with the key stakeholders both in stores and in head office
- Prepare and deliver relevant health and safety training to include manual handling, safety induction training, fire warden training
- Responsible for accident reporting, tracking and investigation
- Prepare sheq reports as required including agreeing KPIS/ SLA etc
- Daily/ weekly reporting to the Store Operations director
- Support HR Manager with return to work assessments
- Provide health and safety advice and direction to store managers and staff
The ideal candidate will have:
- A recognised SHEQ qualification with a minimum of chartered membership status of IOSH and or Membership of IEMA
- Minimum of 5 years SHEQ officer experience
- Excellent Leadership communication, planning, organisational and presentation skills
- Decisive, self motivated with the ability to represent the company in a professional manner at all times.
Interested? Then apply today!
Dunnes Stores is an equal opportunities employer
This opportunity is closed to applications.