Online Content Designer
Dunnes Stores is Ireland’s leading retailer positioned at the cutting edge of food and fashion retailing. We are Irish owned and operate over 130 stores across Ireland, Northern Ireland, and Spain, as well as a growing online store. We are expanding our service and product offering for our customers all the time. Our guiding principle is to deliver good quality products at competitive prices and we are constantly developing our product offerings.
An exciting opportunity has arisen in our Online Department for a Content Designer. The grocery website Content Designer will be responsible for developing all aspects of the organisation’s online grocery presence through preparation and planning of online content across online grocery shopping website, apps, and emails. In addition to writing, editing, and proofreading site content, this person will also work closely with the relevant technical team to maintain site standards with regard to new development. The content Designer will work closely with marketing, IT & trading members of our organisation. Tasks require a strong attention to detail and ability to work under tight deadlines.
The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Create, develop and deploy website content which requires working with content management software.
- Preparation of special offer and brand imagery for use on the grocery websites and emails using Photoshop, HTML and CSS.
- Maintain a consistent look and feel throughout all website content.
- Ensuring that customers have a positive experience when using the business’ online grocery platform.
- Copyedit and proofread all web content.
- Preparation of advertising material for use online such as banner ads etc.
- Ensure web-based information is archived for future needs and reference.
- Administration tasks required for the Day-to-Day running and roll-out of the Online Shopping service to stores.
- Assistance with other online marketing developments such as Search Engine Optimisation, Search Engine Marketing and Affiliate Marketing.
- Working closely within the marketing team to deliver well-structured content across all relevant digital channels and assist with the development of the grocery digital strategy.
- Analysing new digital trends and assessing whether they would be beneficial for the business and Identifying areas of possible business improvement.
- Reporting on digital metrics and activity. Analysis and recording of key metrics using a range of analytics tools including Google Analytics and Email software reporting.
- A strong portfolio of relevant digital design work
- A good understanding of visual design principles
- Degree or diploma in design or related field
- Ideally have previous online experience within a fast paced environment, preferably retail.
- Excellent organisational skills with an ability to multi-task, prioritise workload and work to tight deadlines
- Expertise with standard design tools such as Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
- Desirable but not essential: A basic knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Creative thinker with strong problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven ability to influence both internally and externally
- Self-starter with an ability to succeed in a fast-paced, fast-changing production environment
- Passionate about online retail and eager to progress in Ecommerce
Interested? Then apply now and see what difference you could make!
Dunnes Stores is an Equal Opportunities Employer
This opportunity is closed to applications.