Dunnes Stores is Ireland’s largest retailer providing fashion, food and homewares for our loyal customers. We operate over 130 stores across Ireland, Northern Ireland, and Spain, as well as a growing online store. Our guiding principle is to deliver good quality products at competitive prices and we are constantly developing our product offerings.
We currently have a new vacancy for a Childrenswear Designer to join our buying and design teams based in our Head Office in Dublin City Centre. The successful candidate will work with our buying and design teams on determining commercial trends and creating designs for our Childrenswear range. This is an exciting opportunity for a creative designer to join a dynamic team in a fast paced creative retail environment.
- Determine commercial trends in advance of seasons and create designs for our Childrenswear range
- Create technical packs and liaise with local and international suppliers to ensure efficient sampling
- Collaborate with fit technicians
- Forecast and create colour palettes for Childrenswear
- Manage the development of products from concept design to launch, liaising with buyers, ensuring deadlines are met
- Manage new fabric development with suppliers and teams
- Work with suppliers designers / freelance designers to identify key printing techniques and fabric finishes
- Identify key prints for the season and work though into a commercial way and identify product categories to fit prints and techniques.
- Interpret trends and translating them to meet the customer profile, varying in ages
- Work closely with the buying teams to create and design a broad range of commercial Childrenswear products
- Designing and developing products from initial concept through to finished product through CADS and detailed specs, ensuring all deadlines are met
- Prepare regular reports on both competitors and aspirational brands and monitor online Children’s brands and general online offer
- Visit competition stores and Dunnes stores on a regular basis
- Creative flair, originality and eye for excellent design is essential
- Excellent computer skills full knowledge of CAD, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- An in-depth knowledge of repeat print and pattern design is essential
- Previous experience designing for Childrenswear
- Ability to translate trends from concepts into commercial product
- Ability to work with buying teams to develop new fabrics, finishes and accessories detail.
- Ability to multi task and work under pressure
- Ability to work on numerous seasons at once
- Commercial awareness and up to date knowledge of retail and consumer trends
- Excellent attention to detail and thorough execution
- Strong ability to multitask and work in a fast paced, cross functional team environment
- Available to travel to visit suppliers, factories, industry fairs and competition offer at home and abroad.
- Successful candidates should be confident and be able to give presentations to all levels of management
If this sounds like the job for you, please apply now and tell us why you would be perfect for this exciting and rewarding role!
Please submit a sample of your portfolio with your CV.
Dunnes Stores is an Equal Opportunities Employer