Dunnes Stores is Ireland’s leading retailer positioned at the cutting edge of food and fashion retailing. We are Irish owned and operate over 130 stores across Ireland, Northern Ireland, and Spain, as well as a growing online store. We are expanding our service and product offering for our customers all the time.
We are currently looking for a Energy manager to join our team. the ideal candidate will have proven experience as a supply chain, engineering, utility or business analyst or data analyst within a physical network focused department.
- Prepare and issue reports on all utilities usage - electricity, gas, water, oil and LPG. These reports will issue on a regular basis - weekly/monthly and must include commentary on main points
- Analyse result of energy usage reports and investigate all changes to establish specific reasons for this change. Liaise with store management, contractors and other team members as appropriate
- Monitor compliance with usage threshold alarms and follow up on non-compliances
- Prepare bespoke reports for specific areas of the business where required - new equipment payback, post-project analysis etc
- Invoice verification and sign-off. Review all utility invoices, compare bill usage to meter usage, analyse tariffs applied and follow up on all issues (incorrect billing, meter faults etc)
- Liaise with key account managers for all utilities to resolve any technical/accounting issues
- Ensure that all Energy Monitoring and Targeting (EM&T) systems are fully working at all times and report any faults to supplier immediately and follow through to completion
- Prepare monthly accruals for the finance department for all sites with commentary on usage versus budget and drivers of variation
- Prepare estate utilities budget on an annual basis and complete quarterly reviews and re-forecasts
- Experience reporting on and presenting easily consumable key findings and recommendations to stakeholders, including senior executives.
- Experiencing negotiating and influencing others through data and analysis.
- Experience using data to make significant business improvements, preferably related to business or supply costs.
- Analytical skills - the ability to work proficiently in excel and PowerBI is essential. The successful candidate will be expected to both use existing reporting tools but also to develop additional ones as the business grows. An ability to think analytically and identify trends and patterns will be key
- Technical proficiency. A background in engineering, facilities management or other technical services is required
- Communications - the role requires excellent communication skills. On a daily basis communication will be needed with stores, contractors and other team members. Communications can take many forms - calls, emails, meetings, report writing and others. All are important.
Interested? Then apply today!
Dunnes Stores is an equal opportunities employer
This opportunity is closed to applications.