Dunnes Stores is Ireland’s leading retailer positioned at the cutting edge of food and fashion retailing. We have over 155 stores in Ireland, the UK and Spain and are expanding our service and product offer all the time. Our Information Technology team is closely integrated with the business, and delivers and supports business development for the company. We are expanding our Information Technology department and are looking to recruit a number of dynamic individuals in a range of technology disciplines. This is an excellent opportunity to join a team who will be at the forefront of technology.
We are looking for a Field Engineer who preferably has previous retail experience. You will be reporting to the Dunnes Stores Infrastructure Manager and will be responsible for installation and maintaining store based computer systems, working with vendor and Dunnes 2nd and 3rd line support teams, training customers, repairing failures, documenting inquiries, collaborating with vendors, configuring systems, and leading projects.
To include, but not limited to:
- Travel regularly to stores countrywide to provide proactive maintenance and guidance to users on store equipment, carry out testing and deployment acting as a Head Office IT representative
- Liaise with and resolve problems or queries from end users in Stores, Warehouses and Head Office departments
- Work closely with the wider IT team to prioritise workload and ensure issues are addressed in an effective manner, attending Head Office as required
- Deal effectively with hardware and software failures and issues
- Record in detail all issues and calls received on the call logging system, with resolution where applicable
- Manage and follow up operational queries on store based IT systems, tills and office infrastructure
- Assist in the rollout out of new software and hardware
- Liaise with third party maintenance providers
- Rollout of new user devices including, but not limited to, Laptops, PCs, Windows tablets, iPhone, POS, Network equipment etc. including user familiarisation
- Assist with technology refreshes
- User account management
- Resolve issues on first contact where possible
- Creation and updates of knowledge base articles to assist issue resolution and facilitate self-service
- In life management of workstations, IOT and other devices where needed
- Hardware installation across many devices from back end to front end of Stores
The ideal candidate possesses the following competencies and skills:
- Full clean driving licence
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in a busy IT service environment
- Good communication and documentation skills are essential
- Knowledge of the majority of the following: AD, Windows 10, Office suite, Citrix, Terminal Services, Printing, Symantec AV & Encryption, Cisco VPN, Cisco phone suite, Apple products, Microsoft devices, Cisco Comms hardware.
- Previous experience working in retail is desirable
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of core ITIL principles and practices is desirable
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work independently or with cross functional teams
- Ability to multitask and ensure flawless execution and delivery
- Demonstrate an outstanding work ethic and sense of urgency to resolve issues quickly and efficiently
- The environment operates seven days a week in line with store opening hours so you must be available to work flexible hours, out of hours and weekends if required.
- Experience in vendor management
Interested? Then apply today!
Dunnes Stores is an Equal Opportunities Employer