Grocery Section Buyer
Dunnes Stores is Ireland’s leading retailer positioned at the cutting edge of food and fashion retailing. We are Irish owned and operate over 130 stores across Ireland, Northern Ireland and Spain, as well as a growing online store. We are expanding our services and product offering all the time to enhance the shopping experience for our customers. Here at Dunnes Stores, our guiding principle is to deliver excellent quality own label products through our Dunnes Stores and Simply Better brands complimented by Ireland’s favourite grocery brands at competitive prices always. We strive to deliver an unrivalled selection of highest quality innovative food in partnership with local Irish suppliers. As part of our store development plans we are introducing new categories across all areas of our business in both the food experience and non-food household and toiletries in response to market trends. This is an excellent opportunity to join our Grocery Buying teams and contribute to the growth of the business.
As a Grocery Section Buyer for Dunnes:
- Work with the Buying team to develop short and long term plans for your buying categories
- Assist in the planning and delivery of budgeted sales and margin for your buying categories
- Identify new market trends and co-ordinate action plans to capitalise on those trends
- Manage the range assortment to ensure Dunnes Stores product offering is market leading
- Ensure that both own label and branded goods are competitively priced at all times
- Manage and develop the private label offer at all levels.
- Develop strong business relationships with our existing supply base and source new suppliers.
- Plan and negotiate strong promotional activity for your categories to attract new customers & build categories.
- Collaborate with other business functions such as Logistics, Space Planning, Operations and Marketing to ensure your category plans are delivered to shelf efficiently.
- 2 years+ Section Buying Experience.
- Third-level qualification - Food or a Business related qualification desired.
- Strong analytical & problem solving skills
- Ideally a passion for food and a keen eye for emerging trends
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to multi-task and work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, cross-functional team environment.
If this sounds like the perfect job for you, please apply now and see what difference you could make!
Dunnes Stores is an Equal Opportunities Employer
This opportunity is closed to applications.