Senior Building Services Engineer
Senior Building Services Engineer
Dunnes Stores is Ireland’s leading retailer positioned at the cutting edge of food, fashion and home retailing. We have over 130 stores in Ireland, Northern Ireland and Spain, a strong e-commerce business and are expanding our service and product offering all the time. We are currently looking for a Senior Building Services Engineer. This is a leadership role as part of our broader Store Development team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the design, specification, installation and upkeep of the building services within the Dunnes Stores estate. We are looking for someone who has extensive technical knowledge across the whole range of disciplines including mechanical, electrical, refrigeration and vertical transport. They need to be practically minded and very commercially aware. The candidate should be intellectually curious with a drive to continually improve and stay abreast of all developments within the services area. They must have good leadership skills to manage the in-house services team, the external consultants and all the other stakeholders in this area. This is an exciting role in a fast moving environment so the candidate must have the resilience to deal with multiple projects simultaneously. The ability to manage workload and prioritise is essential.
The Senior Building Services Engineer will have the following responsibilities:
- Responsibility for management of assigned building services categories across the estate. This can include electrical, mechanical, refrigeration and sprinkler.
- Put in place all necessary maintenance contracts to ensure that services are in good order at all times.
- Manage all day-to-day maintenance and reactive repair issues; monitor contractor performance.
- Prepare a multi-year capital program to upgrade and replace existing building services in line with the developing needs of the business.
- Prepare budgets for annual expenditure on repairs, maintenance and capital projects. Budgets to be supported by paybacks/business cases where appropriate. Following approval, ensure that budget costs are maintained and company procedures followed.
- Manage all projects through from approval to completion. Ensure the programs are met, budgets achieved and quality is maintained.
- Work with all other internal departments on cross-functional projects and day-to-day repairs. Appoint and manage external design teams where required.
- Ensure that all projects are adequately resourced with clear lines of communication and responsibility.
- Ensuring that the design and maintenance of building systems meets legislative and health and safety requirements
- Identification of opportunities to use new technologies and driving continuous improvement.
- Reduce energy usage across the portfolio while not compromising on the customer experience or staff comfort.
- Excellent technical knowledge of all areas of building services.
- 10+ year’s relevant experience.
- Experience of working at a senior level in a large organisation.
- Client side experience in a retail environment an advantage.
- Good organisational skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues in a timely manner, multi-task, work to tight deadlines and to communicate effectively.
- Ability to direct and manage multi-discipline teams.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills and numerical ability.
- Capacity to work in a fast-paced, cross-functional team environment.
- Qualification: Third Level Qualification in Engineering
Interested? Then apply now and see what difference you could make!
Dunnes Stores is an Equal Opportunities Employer