Dunnes Stores is Ireland’s largest and leading retailer positioned at the cutting edge of food and fashion retailing. We have over 136 stores throughout Ireland, Northern Ireland and Spain, and are developing our service and product offer all the time. We are expanding our private label ranges to further enhance our reputation for quality and value and to establish Dunnes Stores as the food brand of choice in Ireland.
We are looking for an experienced Food Technologist to drive the technical process, quality and consistency of the private label category. The successful individual will have a proven track record working with food, in the food manufacturing or retail sector. This is an excellent opportunity to join a fast paced, work environment.
- Work with the Food Technical, Product Development, Buying and Store teams to deliver consistently safe, legally compliant and excellent quality products
- Work with Food Technical, Product Development and Buying teams to develop a supply base that can deliver to Dunnes Stores Food Manufacturing Standards required
- Be responsible for ensuring that all private label products are compliant with all applicable legislation and Dunnes Stores requirements
- Take ownership of specific technical and/or product development projects – managing the critical path and progress updates
- Assist in the management and update of the Dunnes Stores DSBC on line specification programme.
- Manage and implement policy on technical standards in line with regulatory and company requirements
- Keep up to date with current and pending national and EU legislation concerning all aspects of food law
- Liaise with Regulatory Bodies and Official Agencies regarding compliance
- Implement Dunnes Stores private label policies and procedures
- Ensure that private label product specifications are complete and accurate
- Support the resolution of customer complaints as they arise
- Manage the business food product withdrawal / recall procedure
- Conduct quality control checks within Head office as required
New Product Development
- Work with Product Development team to introduce new lines for specific projects
- Ensure that all private label products are delivered to a consistently high standard
- Work with Food Technical and Product Development teams to deliver legal, accurate and informative packaging
- Ensure that all products have a full detailed specification on launch with full quality attribute details and photographic standards
- Conduct supplier visits to ensure that they comply with Dunnes Stores requirements
- Understand legislation relevant to the supply base to ensure compliance
- Work with the development and commercial team to develop a supply base that can deliver private label products to the required standards
- Co-ordinate the supplier specification check process
- collaborate with Buyers & NPD on supplier spec check schedule
- liaise with suppliers on calendar scheduling
- buy in products for spec check process
- Food Technical Managers, Product Development, Buying, Suppliers, Regulatory Bodies and Official Agencies such as the FSAI, FSA NI, Environmental Health Offices, Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine, etc.
- Keep all key stakeholders informed on technical issues
- 3rd level degree in food science, food technology, or similar
- Experience working as a Food Technologist in manufacturing for a minimum of three years
- Excellent attention to detail
- Organised and methodical approach to work
- Excellent management and communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to analyse, understand and solve problems
Interested? Then apply now and see what difference you could make!
Dunnes Stores is an Equal Opportunities Employer.