Dunnes Stores is Ireland’s leading retailer positioned at the cutting edge of food and fashion retailing. We have over 155 stores in Ireland, the UK and Spain and are expanding our service and product offer all the time. Our Information Technology team is closely integrated with the business, and delivers and supports business development for the company. We are expanding our Information Technology department and are looking to recruit a number of dynamic individuals in a range of technology disciplines. This is an excellent opportunity to join a team who will be at the forefront of technology.
We are currently looking for a VMware and Windows Server Administrator who would like to develop their skill sets in a diverse and technically challenging environment.
The role involves the maintenance, resource planning and architecture decisions around the current VMware estate. This role also includes the administration of the Windows server estate involving tasks such a new server deployments and patching.
- Plan, co-ordinate and administer all functions in support of the VMware vSphere 7 estate
- Disaster recovery operations using VMware Site Recovery Manager (SRM)
- VMware and Windows monitoring and reporting using Solarwinds and VMware vRealize Operations
- Creating and maintaining Windows Failover Cluster
- Microsoft SQL Administration
- Active Directory Administration
- VMware and Windows patching
- Deploying Virtual Machines to the VMware estate and updating Window Server build templates
- Providing recommendations for physical hardware requirements and acquisitions to meet business needs
- NAS Storage Administration with HPE Nimble
- Roadmap for VMware
- Minimum of 5 years as a Windows and VMware administrator
- Extensive knowledge of VMware vSphere 7.0
- Extensive knowledge of Windows Server, particularly 2016 & 2019
- Good knowledge of MS SQL and Powershell scripting
- Good experience with Windows Failover Clusters
- Good knowledge of Active Directory and GPO
- Good knowledge of Azure and Office 365 Admin Portal
- Good knowledge of networking fundamentals
- Good understanding of database security techniques
- Flexible to work out of regular working hours, if required
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Knowledge and understanding of the need for formal Change Management
- VMware VCP certified
- Microsoft Certified Database Administrator
- Microsoft 365 Certified Administrator
- Experience in Citrix XenApp
- Experience in datacentre hardware installation
- BASH and Python scripting
- Some previous project management experience
If this sounds like the job for you, please apply now!
Dunnes Stores is an Equal Opportunities Employer
This opportunity is closed to applications.