Dunnes Stores is Ireland’s largest retailer providing fashion, food and homewares for our loyal customers. We operate over 130 stores across Ireland, Northern Ireland, and Spain, as well as a growing online store. Our guiding principle is to deliver good quality products at competitive prices and we are constantly developing our product offerings.
We currently have a new vacancy for a Homewares Designer to join our buying and design teams based in our Head Office in Dublin City Centre. The successful candidate will work with our buying and design teams on determining commercial trends and creating artwork for our Homewares range. This is an exciting opportunity for a creative designer to join a dynamic team in a fast paced creative retail environment.
Some of the key responsibilities include the following:
- Determine commercial trends and create artwork for our Homewares range
- Create technical packs and liaise with international suppliers to ensure efficient sampling
- Forecast and create color palettes for Homewares
- Manage the development of products from concept design to launch, liaising with buyers, ensuring deadlines are met
- Drive trend within the section
- Prepare regular reports on both competitors and aspirational brands
- Creative flair, originality and eye for excellent design is essential
- Excellent computer skills full knowledge of the Adobe creative suite
- Ability to multi task and work under pressure
- Ability to work on numerous seasons at once
- Commercial awareness and up to date knowledge of retail and consumer trends
- An in-depth knowledge of repeat print and pattern design is essential
- Excellent attention to detail and thorough execution
- Strong ability to work in a fast paced, cross functional team environment
- Successful candidates should be confident and be able to forecast and give presentations to all levels of management
If this sounds like the job for you, please apply now and tell us why you would be perfect for this exciting and rewarding role! Please submit a sample of your portfolio with your CV.
Dunnes Stores is an Equal Opportunities Employer
This opportunity is closed to applications.