Kitchen Porter - St. Stephens Green, Dublin 2
Kitchen Porter with Baxter & Greene - St. Stephen's Green - Dublin 2
Dunnes Stores is Ireland’s leading retailer positioned at the cutting edge of food and fashion. We have over 130 stores in Ireland, the UK and Spain and are expanding our service and product offer all the time.
We have recently launched an exciting new concept in a selected number of our stores including Dunnes Stores Cornelscourt, Stephens Green, Bandon Road and Childers Road amongst others. In 2019 alone Baxter & Greene was most recently brought to Dunnes Stores Ilac Centre, Naas, Briarhill and Jetland, Limerick.
Baxter & Greene is a contemporary and stylish Market Deli where carefully selected products are freshly prepared and cooked every day by our team of skilled chefs and delicatessen staff. By using innovative and creative ideas, our team endeavor to produce and present wholesome food of an exceptionally high standard.
We are currently looking to recruit and train a number of Kitchen Porters to join the team in our Baxter & Greene concept in Dunnes Stores, St. Stephens Green, Dublin 2.
The successful candidates will be enthusiastic and self-motivated to provide an excellent level of service with attention to detail and open to experience opportunities in all areas of the store.
Experience in food preparation and Customer Service in a Café / Restaurant / Deli operation is essential while the ability to cook from scratch along with an interest in current food trends is preferable.
The Kitchen Porter will have the following responsibilities:
Key Responsibilities (but not exhaustive):
- Provide a fast, friendly and efficient level of customer service.
- Prepare and assist with food preparation when required.
- Set up / replenish counters and merchandising the Deli.
- Ensure the regular and systematic cleaning and maintenance of the equipment in all areas of the Deli both front of house and in the kitchen.
- To monitor and deliver the HACCP programme for the Deli to ensure effective standards in line with hygiene and quality regulations.
- Work as part of the team to provide the highest standard of food preparation quality, presentation and service.
- To adhere to specifications, standards and procedures while at work.
- An advanced level of English and a professional and polite manner is essential.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Organised, excellent attention to detail with the ability to multi-task.
- Hard-working and flexible, with the ability to work both as part of a team and on own initiative.
This role is transferrable to different departments within the store, based on business requirements.
Interested? Then apply now and see what difference you could make.
Dunnes Stores is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
This opportunity is closed to applications.