Head of Security and Stock
Head of Security and Stock
Dunnes Stores is Ireland’s leading retailer positioned at the cutting edge of food and fashion retailing. We are Irish owned and operate over 130 stores across Ireland, Northern Ireland, and Spain, as well as a growing online store. We are expanding our service and product offering for our customers all the time. Our guiding principle is to deliver good quality products at competitive prices and we are constantly developing our product offerings.
This a newly created role within our Operations team. The primary role of the Head of Security and Stock is for delivering the implementation of our Stock and Security Strategy across the Dunnes Stores retail footprint reporting directly to the Store Operations Director.
This role will focus on loss prevention policy development and execution, shrinkage performance, and people management, whilst ultimately accountable for the complete security of the Dunnes Stores Retail assets and the safety of all employees and customers.
- Work closely with the central operations and central finance functions on stock and security best practice, resolving issues and leading the delivery of loss prevention initiatives and improvement programmes across the company
- Design and implement the most optimum and efficient retail stock take process
- Support the regional teams in the delivery of loss prevention plans working with the store managers and management to target specific areas of concern
- Develop and implement a security and stock policy for the stores ensuring its relevance to the current business approach.
- Develop, implement, and communicate performance on relevant metrics or KPIS around security, shrink and loss prevention.
- Ensure that Dunnes Stores security policies are all in accordance with the statutory legal requirements ensuring all the necessary paperwork, certificates etc. are in place
- Act as the key contact with the relevant authorities
- Manage the various security vendors measuring and monitoring both cost and performance.
- A loss prevention expert who will work with teams to achieve the agreed targets.
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- A strong eye for detail, metrics focused and able to support and challenge when individuals are not following process
- Experience reviewing current processes and able to propose improvement suggestions.
- Someone who has a strong network in the security industry and is able to leverage key contacts within the local authorities
- Able to work on own initiative but also as part of a team.
- A good communicator and listener who supports individuals to resolve their own issues in the first instance.
- Strong relationship builder and ability to work in a matrix organization.
- Focused on the customer and providing a safe shopping experience
- Company Shrinkage result
- Costs and budgets to plan
- All external security assessments – pass
- Cost to budget
If this sounds like the job for you, please apply now!
Dunnes Stores is an Equal Opportunities Employer