Cafe Manager - Dublin
Café Manager with Dunnes Cafe - Dublin
Dunnes Stores is Ireland’s leading retailer positioned at the cutting edge of food and fashion retailing. We operate 134 stores across Ireland, Northern Ireland and Spain, as well as a growing online store and are expanding our service and product offer all the time. Our guiding principle is to deliver excellent quality products at competitive prices and we are constantly developing our product offerings.
We are looking to recruit an experienced catering manager to join the team in our Dunnes Stores Café in the Dublin area. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic individual to join a dynamic team in a competitive and fast paced retail environment.
The successful candidate will be involved in developing the business and motivating their team. They must be self-motivated and enthusiastic and have the ability to provide an excellent level of customer service with attention to detail.
- To lead the standard of food production and display in the café.
- To deal with any problems that may arise on a daily basis and report the matter to Store Management.
- To develop excellent communication skills with Senior Management in the store.
- To develop an efficient cleaning schedule; ensuring the regular and systematic cleaning and maintenance of equipment in the kitchen area and throughout the restaurant.
- To monitor and deliver the HACCP programme while ensuring that food safety, food presentation, hygiene and quality standards are adhered to.
- To ensure staff comply with Company policy and procedures.
- Place product orders on a daily basis with agreed suppliers, in a cost effective way.
- To be responsible for the control of waste in the restaurant.
- Full responsibility of all food from the point of entry to exit.
- To implement the food costs control function delivering the required % cost.
- To adhere to specifications, standards and procedures while at work.
- Provide and implement a fast, friendly and efficient level of customer service in order to enhance the overall customer experience in the restaurant.
- To provide ongoing staff training and motivation and to develop the skills of restaurant staff.
- To provide constant supervision of all service, presentation and dining areas.
- To plan, develop and implement an efficient work schedule for the restaurant in order to ensure job rotation and flexibility of all staff while maximising their productivity.
- To undertake any practical duties which may arise in an emergency to ensure the smooth running of the restaurant.
- To organise & participate if & when required in special events within the Dunnes Stores Group.
- An advanced level of English is required and a professional and polite manner is essential
- Experience working in a managerial or supervisory role in the catering sector.
- Experienced and trained on HACCP management systems.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a strong desire to work with food.
- Flexible with the ability to work closely with the Store Management team and restaurant staff.
- Organised and reliable individual with excellent attention to detail and the ability to multi-task.
Interested? Then apply now and see what difference you could make.
Dunnes Stores is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
This opportunity is closed to applications.