Senior QA Engineer
Senior QA Engineer
Dunnes Stores is Ireland’s leading retailer positioned at the cutting edge of food and fashion retailing. We have over 155 stores in Ireland, the UK and Spain and are expanding our service and product offer all the time. Our Information Technology team is closely integrated with the business and delivers and supports business development for the company. We are expanding our Information Technology department and are looking to recruit several dynamic individuals in a range of technology disciplines.
Dunnes is focused on transformation and continuous improvement of our customer offering as well as internal processes. To ensure we continue to use best practice we are looking for a dynamic and experienced hands-on Senior QA Engineer to join our IT department.
The primary focus for this role is all aspects of testing and quality assurance for internal systems and projects. Our ambition is to, over time, reach best-in-class level of test automation across all layers of the applications and develop frameworks to enable the reduction of manual testing. In the interim there is a requirement to coordinate with the project managers, IT colleagues, application owners and our external test partners to devise the best possible manual test strategy and test implementation plan.
As a Senior QA Engineer you will work in a very hands-on role to help test estimation, requirement analysis, risk evaluation, test cycle definition, metrics, monitoring and also test case creation and execution. It will all depend on the particular project. You will be working with development teams investigating and fixing software bugs and deficiencies based on test outcomes.
You will report to the onsite Test Manager and will play a big role in the growth of the testing function.
- Create and review test cases based on the requirements and release plan (not always available).
- Execution of functional, regression and integration test scripts
- Accurately report on testing progress against milestone dates, risks and come up with mitigations so stakeholders can make informed decisions.
- Support business teams with the creation and execution of UAT.
- Defect creation, tracking and triage with the key stakeholders to agree upon severity and priority.
- Contribute to RCA on the QA failures on need basis.
- Work with 3rd parties who will be involved testing some projects.
- Participate in the waterfall and scrum teams with the focus on quality and ensure deliveries and stories are properly groomed to have appropriate acceptance criteria.
- Create QA progress/status reports and facilitate internal and external quality review meetings.
- 5 years plus in testing role
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must have experience working on multiple projects and/or systems concurrently in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in an operational test role
- Expertise in test case definition
- Expertise in web-application, backend and mobile app testing
- Strong analytical testing mindset that can create positive, negative and edge cases test scenarios
- Experience in a high volume, mission critical applications
- Strong experience in producing testing documentation (strategies, plans, execution reports etc)
- Strong understanding of the software development process including analysis, design, coding, system and user testing, problem resolution and planning.
- Experience in managing complex data sets for reliable automated testing.
- Experience in retail is a distinct advantage.
- Automation experience an advantage.
- ISTQB qualification
- Proactive and result oriented, process oriented.
- Excellent communication skills
- An ability to maintain confidentiality, share ideas and information, facilitate discussions and transfer knowledge to achieve collective objectives.
- Organised and methodical.
- Self-motivated and strong ability to multitask.
- Strong analytical and trouble shooting skills.
If this sounds like the job for you, please apply now and tell us why you would be perfect for this challenging and rewarding opportunity! Please submit a covering letter along with your CV.
Dunnes Stores is an Equal Opportunities Employer