Textile Department Manager -Offaly
Textile Department Manager
We are Ireland’s largest retailer providing fashion, homewares and food for our loyal customers. We operate 134 stores across Ireland, Northern Ireland, and Spain, as well as a growing online store. Our guiding principle is to deliver excellent quality products at competitive prices and we are constantly developing our product ranges.
We currently have a number of vacancies for Textile Department Managers in our stores in the Offaly region. The primary job function of the Department Manager is to take accountability for their department, ensuring the delivery of exceptional customer care, operational standards to maximise sales and profitability, whilst maintaining costs and controlling stocks.
Inspiring performance of team through coaching to deliver outstanding results and customer service.
The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- To deliver the budgeted KPI plan for the department and any subsequent targets
- To deliver the Dunnes Stores principles of operations and customer service.
- Lead the team, in a manner appropriate to the Brand, to deliver the agreed business strategies
- Ensuring all relevant trading safely and legal policies are in place and adhered
- Maximising sales through analysing sales data, stock availability, department trading patterns and pre-empting customer needs and demands
- In conjunction with senior management, maintaining stock accuracy and ensuring the department has the right choice and levels of product to drive sales
- Demonstrating through role modelling how to deliver excellent customer service, while ensuring the “Dunnes Stores Experience” customer service programme is delivered
- Be constantly on the lookout for innovative ideas inside & outside the business.
- Setting and implementation of the department brand standards ensuring they are achieved through regular monitoring within the agreed operating framework
- To ensure that the Department complies with the layouts and adjacencies, and adheres to the merchandising standards and visual display guidelines communicated centrally
- Responsible for leading and training your team in line with the brand training programme
- Coaching your team to be passionate and knowledgeable about sales, product availability, stock control, merchandising & display standards, variation prevention, pricing, ticketing, inventory, hygiene and most importantly customer service.
- Ensuring all process and business changes are implemented as per the business requirement and on time
- Ensure best practice in relation to driving IStore & Online sales are adhered to by all
- Provide feedback to senior managers on performance, key customer service developments and operational issues
- Good communication, coaching and leadership skills.
- Customer focused
- Organisational and time management skills
- Commercial mind-set and appropriate product knowledge
- Problem solving & decision making
- Visual Merchandising skills
- People management skills
- IT skills
- Department or team leader level experience in a fast paced retail environment & customer focused business is preferable but not essential
If this sounds like the job for you, please apply now and tell us why you would be perfect for this challenging and rewarding role! Dunnes Stores is an Equal Opportunities Employer