Application Support Manager
Application Support Manager
Dunnes Stores is Ireland’s leading retailer positioned at the cutting edge of food and fashion retailing. We are Irish owned and operate over 130 stores across Ireland, Northern Ireland, and Spain, as well as a growing online store. We are expanding our service and product offering for our customers all the time. Our guiding principle is to deliver good quality products at competitive prices and we are constantly developing our product offerings.
Dunnes Stores is about to launch an exciting and best in class digital employee platform that will change how the business approaches its work force management strategy into the future.
Through automation & simplification, this data led and ambitious change application will deliver a market leading employee experience. The WFD application will match business ambition by providing employees with the most up to date time & attendance, scheduling and labour planning efficiency tools.
Position – Application Support Manager:
- The WFD Application Support Manager is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in this change programme & will report to the Central Operations team lead and will sit within the overall Store Operations team.
- This techno-functional role will focus on driving additional business value whilst maintaining a strong support link with the Dunnes Stores IT team.
- This role is typically dynamic in nature where the successful candidate will also be expected to work alongside the WFD product manager to ensure that the infrastructure that surrounds the WFD platform is optimally managed to create added value for the business.
- Manage the full UKG business partnership, represent Dunnes Stores in UKG user forums and monthly service meetings.
- Test new module releases, system updates or legislative changes as advised.
- Specify to Dunnes Stores IT what changes need to be made to system integrations as a result of a new module release or update.
- Be the custodian of road based access control within the WFD system.
- Improve existing business processes as advised by the Operations team lead.
- Manage the functional WFD change development request process.
- Develop system reports & data views to support users to deliver business improvements.
- Conduct daily WFD system critical functionality checks e.g. System alerts and integration flows.
- Monitor data flows & troubleshoot issues that may arise from system integrations and file transfers between Oracle HCM, WFD & Payroll platforms.
- Manage and create CRT tables, job mapping & business structure changes in the WFD system.
- Cross check sub-department creation & removal within WFD.
- 2 WFD Application Support Manager.
- Resolve IT WebHelpdesk tickets raised by application users where appropriate in conjunction with UKG & Dunnes Stores IT support.
- Participate in 3rd party training modules & knowledge transfer activities.
- Cross train with the WFD Product Manager to understand WFD capabilities.
- Support other team members with their project commitments.
- Attend Central Operations team meetings
- An independent thinker, problem solver and innovative solutions finder with the ability to work as part of a dynamic Operations team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to deliver concise data presentations.
- The ability to improve existing business processes.
- Understand and explain the end to end flow of data from the Oracle HCM and WFD platforms.
- The ability to convert business requirements into detailed functional solutions.
- To demonstrate analytical ability by managing information flows and integrations between business applications.
- The ability to technically manage and create CRT tables.
- Aptitude for managing cloud based solutions.
- To demonstrate teamwork capability by working with oracle and payroll application colleagues to ensure performance of WFD system.
- Understanding of Oracle HCM and Boomi applications advantageous but not critical as training programme provided.
Education & Qualifications
- Previous experience working in similar / related field desired.
- Degree or Diploma in IT related field advantageous but not critical.
Interested? Then apply now and see what difference you could make!
Dunnes Stores is an Equal Opportunities Employer