Retail Market Insight Lead
Retail Market Insight Lead
Dunnes Stores is Ireland’s leading retailer positioned at the cutting edge of food, home and fashion retailing. We are Irish owned and operate over 130 stores across Ireland, Northern Ireland, and Spain, as well as growing online store offers and a Dunnes Stores loyalty app. We are expanding our service and product offering for our customers all the time.
Market insight is critical to the growth of our business. We have developed multiple sources of insight and now wish to harmonise these. We then need to enhance this with further sources of competitor and market insight. The aim is to make our data richer and more insightful for the business in order to support the necessary decision-making that will take the business forward and increase share of the market.
We are currently looking for a Retail Insight Specialist, ideally with experience of driving business growth through analysis of data related to market share and category insights. The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Identify actions the business needs to take to address emerging market, competitor or consumer trends.
- Prioritise actions based on Market Share or Customer Growth impact, which you will calculate using internal & third party data e.g. EPOS and Kantar.
- Work with the Buying Teams to track Category performance to grow market share per category.
- Track the financial, market and customer impact of implemented actions.
- Maintain competitor (direct, indirect, replacement) profiles of pricing, promotions (product/voucher etc.), range, assortment, sales channel, fulfilment channel and marketing strategies.
- Assess, and communicate, each competitor’s status in terms of how they are meeting consumer needs using third party data and research/brand tracking.
- Assess and communicate Dunnes Stores strengths and weaknesses versus competitors in terms of customer perception per customer segment/product category.
- Understand Dunnes Stores catchments for retail outlets and ecommerce stores versus competitors’ catchments serviced.
- Explain market dynamics and forecast changes using internal and external data.
- Highlight industry trends.
- Outline benchmarks Dunnes Stores need to track for future growth or customer base
- Proven experience as a competitor, category or brand insight analyst or data analyst within a retail or ecommerce business.
- Experience of analysing business performance at a category level of data.
- Experience in creating competitive strategy assessment, SWOT analysis, and competitive advantage rankings.
- Highly data literate with experience of sourcing, analysing and reporting by turning raw or reported data from multiple sources into meaningful insights.
- Knowledge of data sourcing and researching techniques to fill data gaps.
- Strong data and insight visualisation skills for consumption at all levels of a business, from business owner/senior executive level to junior buyer or marketing specialist level.
- Experience reporting on or presenting key findings and actionable recommendations to senior stakeholders.
- Understanding of the analytical use of data within BI and Dashboarding tools for general business consumption or other data specialists.
- Retail Category or Retail Insight & Analysis experience is a distinct advantage including familiarity with internal data, external 3rd party market data sources e.g. Kantar, Social Listening and bespoke contracted tracking e.g. Brand tracking.
If this sounds like the job for you, please apply and tell us why you would be perfect for this challenging and rewarding role!
Dunnes Stores is an Equal Opportunities Employer