FASHION & PRODUCT PHOTOGRAPHER
Dunnes Stores is Ireland’s leading retailer positioned at the cutting edge of fashion and food retailing. We have over 130 stores in Ireland, the UK and Spain and are expanding our service and product offer all the time. We are looking to recruit a photographer to work with our fast-paced, high volume photography studio. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of an exciting team.
The ideal candidate will have a background in fashion and still life photography. They must be creative, enthusiastic and highly motivated as well as possessing excellent technical abilities, proficiency on a Mac, and an in depth knowledge of Photoshop, Capture One and Canon camera systems. The environment will be extremely fast paced and the photography volumes very high and previous experience working for mail order/ online and retail clients would be advantageous.
The successful applicant will possess the ability to work to strict briefs and style guides to ensure consistency of imagery and adherence to our brand identity. They must work effectively to a schedule, possess excellent organization skills and be able to deliver images on time to a high standard.
- Work in our photography studio alongside our studio manager, photographers, stylists, retouchers and digital assistants taking commercial digital images our products
- Ensure that all products are lit correctly, efficiently and creatively, in accordance with our company guidelines
- Produce high quality and consistently images, ensuring they are correctly exposed and colour consistent
- Prepare sets, checking that all equipment is functioning, setting up appropriate lighting and keeping accurate daily shoot records
- Image selection; working with the stylist to choose images that comply with the Style Guide
- Accurately name and archive digital asset files
- Mark up images with clear and informative notes for the retouch team
- Crop and process images, maintaining file size specification guidelines
- Perform quality assurance on all images
- Ensure all images are ready in advance of online sales
- Meet daily and weekly deadlines
- Ability to work well within a team working well under pressure with a flexible attitude
- Responsible for care and upkeep of all studio equipment, props and supplies
Essential Skills & Requirements
- Proven experience in digital photography in a commercial studio environment
- Technical knowledge and practical experience of studio lighting
- High technical proficiency in Mac computers and software
- Fluency in PhotoShop and Capture One Pro essential
- Assertive and constructive in directing models on set
- Proven skills in still-life photography
- Proactive and able to take initiative
- Detail oriented and creative
If this sounds like the job for you, please apply and tell us why you would be perfect for this challenging and rewarding role at one of Ireland’s most successful fashion retailers. Please submit your CV along with examples of your still life product photography work.
Dunnes Stores is an Equal Opportunities Employer
This opportunity is closed to applications.