Dunnes Stores is Ireland’s leading retailer positioned at the cutting edge of food and fashion retailing. We are Irish owned and operate over 130 stores across Ireland, Northern Ireland, and Spain, as well as a growing online store. We are expanding our service and product offering for our customers all the time.
Our Information Technology team is closely integrated with the business which is undertaking a large scale technology transformation in support of the development of the company. We are currently expanding our Information Technology Department and are looking to recruit a number of dynamic individuals in a range of technology disciplines. This is an excellent opportunity to join a team who will be at the forefront of technology, supporting the business in its ever increasing adoption.
We are currently looking for IT Helpdesk Technicians who would like to develop their skill sets in a diverse and technically challenging environment.
The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Liaise with and resolve problems or queries from end users in Stores, Head Office and Warehouses.
- Deal effectively with hardware and software issues.
- Record in detail all issues and calls received on the call logging system.
- Assist in the rollout out of new software and software upgrades
- Liaise with third party maintenance providers.
- Rollout of new user devices Eg: Laptops, PCs, iPads, iPhones etc.
- Assist with technology refreshes.
- User account management.
- Support rollout of new technologies such as Citrix, WiFi and mobile devices.
- Resolve issues on first contact where possible.
- Creation and updates of knowledge base articles to assist issue resolution and facilitate self-service.
- Manage operational queries on AS400, 4690 Controllers, tills and Head Office Systems.
- In life management of workstations and other devices.
- Manage incidents to service level agreements.
- Experience in a busy Helpdesk environment would be an advantage
- Good communication and documentation.
- Strong customer focus.
- Knowledge of the majority of the following: AD, MS Exchange 2010,Windows 7/10, Server 2008/2016, Office 2003-2016, Citrix, Terminal Services, Printing, Symantec AV & Encryption, Cisco VPN, Oracle Clients.
- Retail Experience is desirable.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of core ITIL principles and practices is desirable.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work independently or with cross functional teams.
- Ability to multitask and ensure flawless execution and delivery.
- Demonstrate an outstanding work ethic and sense of urgency to resolve issues quickly and efficiently.
- The ability to quickly learn new skills through a hands-on training approach is required.
If this sounds like the job for you, please apply and tell us why you would be perfect for this challenging and rewarding position at one of Ireland’s most successful retailers!