Trainee HR Manager - Limerick
Trainee HR Manager
We are Ireland’s largest retailer providing fashion, homewares and food for our loyal customers. We operate 134 stores across Ireland, Northern Ireland, and Spain, as well as a growing online store. Our guiding principle is to deliver excellent quality products at competitive prices and we are constantly developing our product ranges.
We currently have a number of vacancies for Trainee HR Managers in our stores in the Limerick region. The primary job functions of the HR Manager will be to provide a complete Human Resource service to the store. To ensure the store complies with all legislation and policy relating to HR issues.
The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Inspiring performance through coaching all team members to deliver outstanding results and customer service.
- Ensuring all relevant trading safely and legal policies are in place and adhered to.
- Demonstrating through role modelling, how to deliver excellent customer service ensuring the “Dunnes Stores Experience” customer service programme is delivered.
- To advise Store Management on a wide range of HR matters within the Store.
- To ensure the development of all the store teams so that the business benefits from their capability through training, coaching and development planning.
- To develop staff to enable them to be more effective in their current role and for possible future assignments.
- To carry out forecasting and budgeting exercises on current and future skill requirements and manning levels.
- To assist, recruit/train and develop staff as necessary to achieve high standards in all aspects of the business.
- Ensuring all relevant trading safely, legal policies and HR legislation are in place and being adhered to.
- To work closely with the Store Management regarding manning levels, rostering requirements, recruitment schedules.
- To conduct recruitment and selection for all staffing requirements within the store, to include the effective use of the online recruitment system and interviewing, reference checking, job offers and issuing contracts.
- To conduct in-store inductions to all new employees in line with company policies.
- To support Store Management to implement all staff performance assessments within the store.
- To support the Store Manager in monitoring any variations in the cost base of the store on a week by week basis.
- Good communication, coaching and leadership skills.
- Customer focused
- Organisational and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal and people Management Skills
- Commercial mind-set
- Problem solving & decision making
- Third Level H.R Degree or equivalent preferable but not essential
- Retail or Service Sector experience essential
If this sounds like the job for you, please apply now and tell us why you would be perfect for this challenging and rewarding role!
Dunnes Stores is an Equal Opportunities Employer