Security Operations Centre (SOC) Manager
Dunnes Stores is Ireland’s leading retailer positioned at the cutting edge of food and fashion retailing. We are Irish owned and operate over 130 stores across Ireland, Northern Ireland, and Spain, as well as a growing online store. We are expanding our service and product offering for our customers all the time
We are convinced that Dunnes Stores, with its unique mix of physical stores, leading ecommerce experience and increased use of technology will continue to offer the best shopping experience to our customers – new and existing online and offline
The Dunnes Stores IT Security Team has overall responsibility for cyber security both physical IT assets and cloud based technologies across Dunnes Stores Group, as such it is an integral defence function within Dunnes Stores Ltd. The team is continuously assessing cyber risk to the business and developing appropriate detective and defensive capabilities.
This is your chance to be part of the biggest retail transformation in Ireland that will be experienced by everyone who visits our stores or who shop with us online now and in the future. It is a chance to be part of creating a world class retail experience and bring your experience to bear with Irelands largest Retailer
We are looking for an experienced Security Operations Centre (SOC) Manger who preferable has previous experience from retail or a similarly fast paced distributed environment. Ideally we are looking for someone with 7 plus years’ experience in information security with a background in risk and/or IT network and infrastructure
This role will be focused on the management of our cyber risk, continuously looking to identify and reduce/mitigate new threats. This role is a leadership role, with responsibility of managing and developing a team, their skills and capabilities
Purpose of the role:
The SOC Manager is responsible for the SOC team. They direct SOC operations and are responsible for syncing between analysts and engineers; hiring; training; and creating and executing on cybersecurity strategy. They also direct and orchestrate the company’s response to major security threats
The SOC Manager leads the design and deployment, of Dunnes Stores security toolsets as directed by the Head of IT Security. The SOC Manager lead the management flow of analysis from third parties and will liaise with third parties and internal teams to review alerts associated with Dunnes Stores network and security devices; works with other parties/analysts to collect, correlate, and analyse security-relevant data, and respond to threats in a timely manner
This role requires someone who can see the bigger issues and not focus exclusively on individual events. The Mitre ATT&CK framework is a key component of our SOC strategy.
The Security Operations Centre (SOC) Manager will plan, direct and control the SOC functions and operations. Ensure the monitoring and analysis of incidents to protect People, Technology and Process addressing all security incidents and ensuring timely escalation. Direct the Cyber Intelligence capability to identify potential threats delivering strategic reports and strategies to minimise the impact of the threat
Responsible for SOC strategy.
- Leading and managing the Security Operations and team of security operational staff members
- Managing security vendors, their performance and continuous improvements
- Primarily responsible for directing security event monitoring, management and response and cyber intelligence
- Ensuring incident identification, assessment, quantification, reporting, communication, mitigation and monitoring
- Ensuring compliance to policy, process, and procedure adherence and process improvisation to achieve operational objectives
- Revising and develop processes to strengthen the current Security Operations Framework, Review policies and highlight the challenges in managing SLAs
- Responsible for overall use of resources and initiation of corrective action where required for Security Operations Center
- Ensuring daily management, administration & maintenance of security devices to achieve operational effectiveness
- Ensuring threat management, threat modelling, identify threat vectors and develop use cases for security monitoring
- Creation of reports, dashboards, metrics for SOC operations and presentation to senior management
- Review of changes going in front of IT CAB
You are ideal if you have:
- Strong problem-solving skills, critical thinking, excellent analytical ability, strong judgment and the ability to deliver high performance and high levels of customer satisfaction in a matrix managed environment.
- Experience on SIEM technology, preferably on IBM QRadar and Microsoft Sentinel
- Device Knowledge such as Firewall, IPS/IDS, Routers/Switches
- Working knowledge of Mitre ATT&CK, CIS Critical Security Controls v7.1 and/or v8 and NIST Cyber Security Framework
- Security certifications (CISSP, CISM, CISA) preferred
- Third level education in Cyber Security or Computer Science
- Comprehensive understanding of cyber risk and cyber resilience
- Demonstrable experience of identifying information risks and the commensurate controls
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
Education & Qualifications:
- 7+ years of experience working in Security Operations Centre with a Security Incident & Event Management (SIEM) to correlate events across several devices.
- Strong understanding of network devices such as Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS)/ Intrusion Prevent Systems (IPS), firewalls, network packet capture tools, and file integrity monitoring tools.
- Proficient knowledge in incident prevention, detection and response tools
- Knowledge of network and server security products, technologies, and protocols
- Qualifications in Risk and/or Resilience would be a distinct benefit
Dunnes Stores Competency Profile:
- Technical/professional knowledge
- Building Relationships
- Results Orientation
- Change Advocate
If this sounds like the perfect role for you, then please apply now!
Dunnes Stores is an Equal Opportunities Employer
This opportunity is closed to applications.