Property Asset Manager
Dunnes Stores are Ireland’s leading retailer positioned at the cutting edge of food and fashion retailing. We have 135 stores in Ireland, the UK and Spain and are expanding our service and product offer all the time. An exciting opportunity has arisen in our Property Team for a Property Asset Manager. This role will be fast paced and varied. The successful candidate will be involved in the property management and strategic asset management of the existing property portfolio in addition to assisting with the acquisition & development of new properties in line with company requirements. Working with the Head of Property and the wider Asset Management team the role will be supported by our Property Finance and Store Development teams who assist in delivering a market leading store environment for our customers throughout our portfolio.
The Property Asset Manager will have the following responsibilities:
- Take responsibility for review and analysis of all property outgoings in a particular region including Service Charges, Insurance, Rates & other property related outgoings
- Help develop, agree and implement a letting strategy for all vacant properties within the portfolio in order to drive additional footfall & reduce void costs
- Help develop, agree and implement a defined acquisition & disposal Strategy and manage the legal contract negotiations for transactions of this nature
- Negotiate lease renewals at lease expiry & ensure re-let at optimum rental levels
- Negotiate / oversee negotiations on rent reviews on both Landlord and Tenant side
- Develop, agree & implement reconfiguration strategies as required for Dunnes Stores Shopping Centres, including recovering vacant possession of units, relocating tenants to accommodate expansion / reconfiguration / redevelopment
- Ensure all Dunnes Stores properties in your respective region are maintained to the highest standards
- Spatial analysis & market intelligence – with the use of our GIS mapping software, the property team will work with other departments to support the business in developing strategies for existing and new markets
- Prepare service charge budgets and apportionment schedules for Dunnes Stores owned shopping centres in conjunction with our Property Finance Team
- Manage and maintain our in-house Property Database with all relevant asset information
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience working as a property surveyor or within the commercial property industry
- Experience in FMCG or Retail environment preferable but not essential
- Degree qualification in Real Estate / Property Economics or other property related discipline preferable
- Flexibility to travel throughout Ireland and the UK, although the role will be Dublin based
- Strong analytical, problem solving and presentation skills
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint necessary
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with cross functional teams
- Ability to multi-task and ensure flawless execution and delivery of projects.
If this sounds like the job for you, please apply now and tell us why you would be perfect for this challenging and rewarding role!
Dunnes Stores is an Equal Opportunities Employer