Senior IT Project Manager
Senior IT Project Manager
Dunnes Stores is Ireland’s leading retailer positioned at the cutting edge of food and fashion retailing. We have over 155 stores in Ireland, the UK and Spain and are expanding our service and product offer all the time. Our Information Technology team is closely integrated with the business, and delivers and supports business development for the company. We are recruiting a Senior IT Project Manager. The Senior IT PM will be responsible for the for the delivery of IT projects, involving large scale application and infrastructure integration programmes, from their inception to their completion, within budget and timelines, while keeping all Stakeholders fully informed.
The role will involve end-to-end delivery of a major IT application integrations and upgrades, including managing project delivery by third parties, and rollout to the broader business in Dunnes Stores.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Lead the planning and implementation of the programme and projects, ensuring all work streams are delivered within budget, on schedule, and without any decline in quality.
- Deliver and manage multiple projects in parallel through all phases including planning, analysis & design, execution, service transition and closure.
- Develop full-scale project and programme plans; facilitate the project scope, goals, tasks, resources and deliverables.
- Ensure the scope of projects is clearly identified and documented, and that the impact in any shift in scope is made clear in terms of effect on time, cost, and risk.
- Control the Project Scope and Change Management process.
- Own all Project Governance; report to Steering and the IT PMO on the status and progress for all projects, ensuring customer interests are best-served.
- Oversee the transition of applications and services from project delivery to operational support across the business.
- Manage project risks, issues, dependencies, and benefits to enable the achievement of project objectives.
- Manage the project budget throughout the project lifecycle.
- Define KPIs during the initiation and planning stages to track the successful delivery of the project.
Qualifications & Experience
- 5+ years’ experience in a Senior IT Project or Programme Manager role.
- Project Management qualification: PMP, Scrum Master Certification, Prince2.
- A proven track record of project managing IT Application and Infrastructure projects in parallel, ranging from online to back office applications, involving integration with new third party platforms and upgrades to existing.
- Competent in large scale, high impact project rollout to multiple locations and a variation of end-user expertise, co-ordinating multiple third parties.
- Experience transitioning new and updated services to support teams within IT and across the broader business.
- Proven responsibility in all phases of project and delivery within tight deadlines under pressure.
- Exceptional project management skills with experience of project management methodologies and tools.
- Experience in full software development project lifecycle using Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and written.
- Background in Retail or other regulated industry is beneficial.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Effective communicator with a positive and confident attitude both written and verbally.
- A strong team player with a flexible approach and an aptitude for solving problems.
- Highly organised and motivated with a willingness to learn.
- Keen attention to detail, focussed on the accuracy of all output.
- Strong analytical skills, logical and structured in approach.
- Proactive and energetic in the work situation, seeking to get things done and at deal with a variety of tasks.
- Ability to create a positive and engaging working environment.
Interested? Then apply today!
Dunnes Stores is an equal opportunities employer