Grocery Department Manager -Kerry
Grocery Department Manager
We are Ireland’s largest retailer providing fashion, homewares and food for our loyal customers. We operate 134 stores across Ireland, Northern Ireland, and Spain, as well as a growing online store. Our guiding principle is to deliver excellent quality products at competitive prices and we are constantly developing our product ranges.
We currently have a number of vacancies for Grocery Department Managers in our stores in the Kerry region. The primary job function of the Grocery Department Manager is to take accountability for their department, ensuring the delivery of exceptional customer care and operational standards to maximise sales and profitability whilst maintaining costs.
Inspiring performance of team through coaching to deliver outstanding results and customer service
The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- To deliver the budgeted KPI plan for the department and any subsequent forecasts
- To deliver the Dunnes Stores principles of operations and customer service.
- Lead the team, in a manner appropriate to the Brand, to deliver the agreed business strategy
- Ensuring all relevant trading safely and legal policies being in place and adhered to
- Maximising sales through analysing sales data, department trading patterns and pre-empting customer needs and demands
- In conjunction with senior management, maintaining stock accuracy and ensuring the department has the right choice and levels of product to drive sales
- Demonstrating through role modelling how to deliver excellent customer service ensuring the “Dunnes Stores Experience” customer service programme is delivered
- Monitor and address any variations to the cost base of the department on a week to week basis
- Be constantly on the lookout for innovative ideas inside & outside the business
- Setting and implementation of the department brand standards ensuring they are achieved through regular monitoring within the agreed operating framework
- To ensure that the Department complies with the layouts and adjacencies
- Responsible for training your team in line with the brand training programme
- Coaching your team to be passionate and knowledgeable about sales, product availability, stock control, merchandising & display standards, variation prevention, pricing, ticketing, inventory, hygiene and most importantly customer service.
- Ensuring all process and business changes are implemented as per the business requirement and on time
- Provide feedback to senior managers on performance, key customer service developments and operational issues
- Good communication, coaching and leadership skills.
- Customer focussed
- Organisational and time management skills
- Commercial mind-set and appropriate product knowledge
- Problem solving & decision making
- Merchandising skills
- People management skills
- IT skills
- Department or team leader level experience in a fast paced retail environment & customer focused business is preferable but not essential
If this sounds like the job for you, please apply now and tell us why you would be perfect for this challenging and rewarding role!
Dunnes Stores is an Equal Opportunities Employer