Assistant / Trainee Merchandiser
Dunnes Stores is Ireland’s leading retailer positioned at the cutting edge of food, fashion and home retailing. We have over 130 stores in Ireland, Northern Ireland and Spain, a strong e commerce business and are expanding our service and product offering all the time.
The Assistant Merchandisers key function is to develop their understanding of the Open to Buy and all areas of stock management within the Buying Team including forecasting, analysis and building the plan from style/colour/ size up to Department level.
- Prepare & Analyse OTB’s; Understanding, planning & monitoring Weekly Sales, Stock & Intake Levels of product to meet budgeted stock and intake figures at category and style /sku level (WSSI).
- Forecasting of all core & volume lines within the Department – either at colour or sku level.
- Size Ratio analysis and ratio plan for lines forward.
- Work with Online store/ regions to co-ordinate their quantity requests on future orders including direct shipments for Spain and varying packaging requirements.
- Monitor Margins by sub-section.
- Input annual/seasonal/event budgets by style / commodity up to Department level.
- Allocations and qtys of new product as they arrive in the country to all stores including Online.
- Management and approval of supplier shipment lots; escalating issues to buying and merchandising leads. Working with suppliers on shipment issues / container shortages etc.
- Update the as400 delivery po lots intake dates / qtys based on LIMA updates
- ‘Balancing of the orders’ – Update actual receipts to commitments by style / colour / qty po by week/month
- Identify shortages / over supply of stock levels.
- Identify potential sale loss / reduction impact of slow selling lines and work with Department Merchandiser to address within the appropriate sales period or identify for markdown from the stockfiles and aged stock circulated.
- Understanding store profiles; performance and stock requirement to keep markdowns at the minimum level.
- Replenishment to Online using the BOOA or Best Sellers Report.
- Replenishment to stores / regions on repeat lines where stock was not available on SOM.
- Adjustments for Spain auto replenishment to adjust minimum fills / stock cover.
- Maintenance of SOM Control File to ensure all stock in the warehouse is available to all stores.
If this sounds like the job for you, please apply now!
Dunnes Stores is an equal opportunities employer
This opportunity is closed to applications.