Senior Tax Advisor
Senior Tax Advisor
Dunnes Stores is Ireland’s leading retailer positioned at the cutting edge of food and fashion retailing. We are Irish owned and operate over 130 stores across Ireland, Northern Ireland, and Spain, as well as a growing online store. We are expanding our service and product offering for our customers all the time.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, we are looking for a Senior Tax Advisor to join the Dunnes Stores Group. The successful candidate will work closely with the business, the broader finance team and other key stakeholders ensuring VAT compliance for the Dunnes Stores Group at all times.
- Submission of accurate VAT returns to the Revenue Commissioners in accordance with required frequency of filings
- Work with the business to understand any VAT issues and provides guidance and advice to resolve
- Monitor / review sales transactions to ensure VAT compliance
- Work with buying teams to ensure accurate record kept of appropriate VAT rate
- Ensure that all day-to-day matters, tasks and reconciliations are completed in a timely manner
- Create and maintain effective working relationships with all key stakeholders
- You will also be involved in digitalisation projects driven by legislative changes & the need to create efficiencies
- Manage VAT audits as needed
- Stay up to date on any changes in VAT legislation, understanding and communicating any impacts to the business
- Other ad hoc projects as and when required
You are ideal if you have:-
- Professional accountancy qualification is preferred (CTA, ACCA, ACA)
- Minimum of 4-5 years’ experience in a professional tax/VAT environment – ideally with some practice experience
- Strong communication skills
- Structural and detail orientated
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent technical knowledge of Irish and European VAT legislation and case law
- Ability to prioritise work and meet strict deadlines
- Previous experience using Oracle would be an advantage
If this sounds like the job for you, please apply now!
Dunnes Stores is an Equal Opportunities Employer
This opportunity is closed to applications.