Chef - Dublin
Chef with Baxter & Greene Market Deli - South Dublin
Baxter & Greene is a contemporary and stylish Market Deli where carefully selected products are freshly prepared and cooked every day by our team of skilled chefs and hospitality staff. By using innovative and creative ideas, our team endeavor to produce and present wholesome food of an exceptionally high standard.
Over the last number of years we have worked through an extensive rollout and introduced this concept into selected stores throughout Ireland, including Naas, Briarhill Galway, Jetland Limerick and most recently in Knocknacarra Galway, Tralee N.C.R, Newtown Mount Kennedy Wicklow and Leopardstown South Dublin in 2022.
We are set to continue with our exciting rollout plan this year, and with that are looking to recruit and train a number of chefs to join the Baxter & Greene team in a number of different locations throughout South Dublin.
The successful candidates should have the ability to cook from scratch and follow agreed recipes. They should be enthusiastic and self-motivated to provide an excellent level of service with attention to detail. Experience in food preparation in a Café / Restaurant / Deli operation is essential and an interest in current food trends is preferable.
The Chef will have the following responsibilities:
- Work as part of the team with Store Management as well as Deli Management and staff to provide the highest standard of food preparation quality and presentation.
- To monitor and deliver the HACCP programme for the Deli to ensure effective standards in line with hygiene and quality regulations.
- To manage and control costs associated with food production and wastage.
- To train and develop existing staff in new procedures and processes.
- To ensure the regular and systematic cleaning and maintenance of the equipment in the Deli, kitchen and front of house.
- At least 3 years previous experience in a similar environment
- Must be able to follow pre-determined recipe cards
- Experienced and trained on HACCP
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Organised, excellent attention to detail with the ability to multi-task
- Flexible and able to work as part of a team and individually
- Passion/flair and attention to detail for food production and presentation
Interested? Then apply now and see what difference you could make.
Dunnes Stores is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
This opportunity is closed to applications.