Grocery Buying Assistant
Dunnes Stores is Ireland’s leading retailer positioned at the cutting edge of food and fashion retailing. We are Irish owned and operate over 130 stores across Ireland, Northern Ireland, and Spain, as well as a growing online store. We are expanding our service and product offering for our customers all the time.
Here at Dunnes Stores, our guiding principle is to deliver excellent quality products at competitive prices and we are constantly developing our product offerings. Our aim is to bring our customers an unrivalled selection of fresh food, alongside specialist lines unique to Dunnes Stores, like our delicious Simply Better range. We partner with local Irish suppliers in order to source the very best for our customers. Our Buying Teams are a key element to our continued success and we currently have a number of Grocery Buying Assistant vacancies. This is an excellent opportunity to join our Grocery /Fresh Food buying teams and contribute to the growth of the business.
As a Grocery Buying Assistant for Dunnes Stores you will have the following responsibilities:
- Grocery Promotions - collate information from suppliers on promotional proposals, ensure all promotional information is inputted correctly on the systems, sign off promotional cycle with Buyer and liaise with marketing on relevant advertising to sign off details on products and images
- Forecasting / Sales – complete forecasting of promotions, reporting of all new products, tracking promotional sales, ad hoc sales reporting
- Supplier Management – daily communication with suppliers on a range of issues from managing orders, investigation of shortages, following up on customer queries, tastings etc.
- Marketing – Liaising with senior Buyers and our Marketing department on all aspects of pricing and advertising and liaise with key department on promotions
- Reporting – production of reports for review meetings, our finance department etc
- Must possess a passion for food
- Third-level qualification in Food or a broad business related discipline (desired, not essential)
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well with colleagues within our Head Office and our stores as well as with our suppliers
- Strong excel skills and excellent numerical ability
- Organised, excellent attention to detail with the ability to multi-task and work to tight deadlines
- Strong ability to work in a fast-paced, cross-functional team environment
Interested? Then apply now and see what difference you could make!
Dunnes Stores is an Equal Opportunities Employer