Dunnes Stores is Ireland’s leading retailer positioned at the cutting edge of food and fashion retailing. We have 135 stores in Ireland, the UK and Spain and are expanding our service and product offer all the time. An exciting opportunity has arisen in our Property department for a Property Accountant. The successful applicant will be given the opportunity to be part of a thriving business and highly motivated team.
The Property Accountant will have the following responsibilities:
- Purchase Trade order approval: In depth analysis of trade orders being processed for the Property Department such as rates, service charges, rent, insurance and maintenance etc. Querying variances, understanding costs and approval of orders. Carrying out old and new supplier reviews and facilitating new supplier set ups on the system. Aiding the Financial reporting team in the preparation of accruals
- Shopping Centre Management: Managing the billing process of rent, service charge and insurance to tenants. Review and approval of Shopping Centre trade orders such as repairs, maintenance, improvement works etc. Ensuring that orders are fulfilled and charged on a timely basis. Assisting financial reporting team in the preparation of Shopping Centre financial statements and charging out of relevant balances as required
- Debt Recovery: Managing the debt recovery process. Reconciling tenant accounts and providing weekly reporting on aging debtors to the Property Management & Legal team
- Budget Preparation: Working with Property Management and Store Development teams to prepare the budgets for all areas of Property Management and Utilities
- Property Database: Maintaining the Property Management Database
- Reporting: Weekly or periodic reporting on all of the above areas
- Accounting qualification with a recognised accountancy body (ACCA, ACA, CIMA) is preferable but not essential
- Good numerical capabilities with exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent planning and organisation skills, ability to plan and prioritise work schedule and work within agreed timescales
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal need to communicate at all levels within the business and external service providers
- Strong Microsoft Office skills and proficiency in Excel
- Capacity to work in a fast-paced, cross-functional team environment
Interested? Then apply now and see what difference you could make!
Dunnes Stores is an Equal Opportunities Employer
This opportunity is closed to applications.