Nightwear and Lingerie Designer
Dunnes Stores is Ireland’s largest retailer providing fashion, food and homewares for our loyal customers. We operate over 130 stores across Ireland, Northern Ireland, and Spain, as well as a growing online store. Our guiding principle is to deliver good quality products at competitive prices and we are constantly developing our product offerings.
We currently have a new vacancy for a Nightwear and Lingerie Designer to join our buying and design teams based in our Head Office in Dublin City Centre. The successful candidate will work with our buying and design teams on determining commercial trends and creating designs for our Nightwear and Lingerie range. This is an exciting opportunity for a creative designer to join a dynamic team in a fast paced creative retail environment.
- Determine commercial trends and create designs for our Nightwear and Lingerie range
- Create technical packs and liaise with local and international suppliers to ensure efficient sampling
- Forecast and create color palettes for Nightwear and Lingerie
- Manage the development of products from concept design to launch, liaising with buyers, ensuring deadlines are met
- Interpreting trends and translating them to meet the customer profile
- Work closely with the buying teams to create and design a broad range of commercial Nightwear and Lingerie products
- Designing and developing products from initial concept through to finished product through CADS and detailed specs, ensuring all deadlines are met
- Prepare regular reports on both competitors and aspirational brands
- Creative flair, originality and eye for excellent design is essential
- Excellent computer skills full knowledge of CAD, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- An in-depth knowledge of repeat print and pattern design is essential
- Previous experience designing for Nightwear and Lingerie
- Ability to multi task and work under pressure
- Ability to work on numerous seasons at once
- Commercial awareness and up to date knowledge of retail and consumer trends
- Excellent attention to detail and thorough execution
- Strong ability to multitask and work in a fast paced, cross functional team environment
- Successful candidates should be confident and be able to give presentations to all levels of management
If this sounds like the job for you, please apply now and tell us why you would be perfect for this exciting and rewarding role!
Please submit a sample of your portfolio with your CV.
Dunnes Stores is an Equal Opportunities Employer
This opportunity is closed to applications.