Fishmonger - Galway - 39 Hour Contract
Dunnes Stores is Ireland’s leading retailer positioned at the cutting edge of food and fashion retailing. We have stores in Ireland, Northern Ireland and Spain and are expanding our service and product offer all the time.
At Dunnes Stores, we pride ourselves in delivering outstanding service and quality products whether it is food or fashion. We strive for excellence in all that we do, be it our award winning Simply Better Food range, our Baxter and Greene Market Deli or our collaborations with some of Irelands best Fashion and Homewares designers. Dunnes Stores offers a unique opportunity to work alongside one of the most dynamic retailers in Ireland.
We are currently refreshing our fresh food counters within the business and with that are looking to recruit and train a number of Fishmongers / Seafood Specialists to continue the development of our Seafood Counters. The primary job function of the fishmonger / seafood specialist is to take accountability for the seafood counter, ensuring the delivery of exceptional customer care and operational standards to maximise sales and profitability whilst maintaining costs.
The successful candidates should have knowledge of fish species and the ability to prepare and display fresh seafood. They should be enthusiastic and self-motivated to provide an excellent level of service with attention to detail. Experience in fresh fish filleting and preparation is essential.
The Fishmonger will have the following responsibilities:
- Work as part of the team with Store Management and the Fresh Seafood counter staff to provide the highest Fishmonger standards
- Offer first class customer service and selling skills, and have a deep understanding of the fish and shellfish industry, species identification, preparation methods, and detailed product knowledge.
- To monitor and deliver the HACCP programme for the Seafood to ensure effective standards in line with hygiene and quality regulations.
- To manage and control costs and wastage
- Manage stock and ordering of fresh seafood
- To train and develop existing staff in fish preparation skill.
- At least 1 years previous experience in a similar environment
- Experience of Fish filleting, skinning and deboning
- Experienced and trained on HACCP
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Organized, excellent attention to detail with the ability to multi-task
- Flexible and able to work as part of a team and individually
- Passion/flair and attention to detail for seafood presentation and display
Dunnes Stores is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
This opportunity is closed to applications.