Dunnes Stores is Ireland’s leading retailer positioned at the cutting edge of food and fashion retailing. We have over 130 stores throughout Ireland, Northern Ireland and Spain and we are expanding our service and product offering all the time. An exciting opportunity has arisen in our Online Department for a copywriter. The successful applicant will be given the opportunity to be part of a thriving business and highly motivated team.
The copywriter will have the following responsibilities:
- Develop highly effective and original content for the products and services on sale on our online website
- Write, edit and proofread new content while ensuring that all documents meet established content standards
- Write fresh copy in accordance with the Dunnes Stores brand and style guide
- A thorough understanding of the target audience and maintaining a consistent feel across copywriting
- Collaborate with Online, Marketing and Merchandising counterparts
- Manage workload independently, meeting deadlines consistently
- Stay up to date on fashion, retail and technology trends
- Maintain and continuously improve existing product details
- Previous experience in a similar role, working within an ecommerce business or an agency, and managing, writing and editing the content for online sites
- Excellent command of the English language, including spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Able to maintain a consistent tone that integrates brand voice and personality into all communications
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with cross functional teams
- Experience in writing and editing clear, lively and inspiring content – ideally fashion editorial writing
- Ability to write concise, attention grabbing and hard-hitting content that delivers the message and sells products
- Expert writing skills, editing and proof reading abilities.
- Self-starter with an ability to succeed in a fast-paced, fast-changing production environment
- Current knowledge of fashion, social and technological trends
- Degree in English, Communications, Journalism or a related field
- Passionate about online retail
If this sounds like the job for you, please apply now and tell us why you would be perfect for this challenging and rewarding role! Please submit a covering letter along with your CV.
Dunnes Stores is an Equal Opportunities Employer